Region AM General Electrical Awareness Refresher (GEAR) eLearning (SE-P-05015)
PurposeParticipants will review the necessary health and safety knowledge and skills to safely work around electrical systems and components. Participants will study the use of personal protective equipment, tools and procedures needed to perform safe work with electrical components in a wind turbine environment - all in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy regional and Internal regulations - EHS standards, INS 33147-Electrical Safe Work Practice and LSP 22195-LOTO, that support CSA Z462-15-17, NFPA 70E 110-130 and OSHA 29CFR1910 regulations.
ObjectivesUnderstand Region North America Policies, Regulations and Procedures
Describe the roles and responsibilities at a workplace regarding electrical work
Prepare in a safe manner for tasks related to work on and around electrical systems
Identify tools and PPE required for safe work on or around electrical systems
Understand the similarities and differences related to work on or around Low and Medium voltage systems
Theory / Practice
100% / 0%
Who should attend?The course is intended for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy employees, contractors and other authorized personnel in Region North America including the Canada and USA.
NotesSystem requirements needed to run this e-learning:
- - Operating system : Windows 7 and above, IOS, Android
- - Internet Connection: 2Mbps Broadcast connection or equivalent
- - Internet Browser: Internet: Explorer 11 or above, Firefox (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Edge, Apple Safari (latest version),.
- - Internet Browser Requirements: Pop-ups enabled, Cookies enabled.
- - Processor : i3 (or above) or equivalent
- - Ram: 2 GB
- - Hard Disk size: 1 Gb of free disk space
- - Sound Card and Speakers: headphones recommended
- - Screen Resolution (recommended, not mandatory) : 1680 X 1050 (desktop computer); 1366 x 768 (laptop)
Course duration80 minutes
Export controlAL-Number: N/A
Contact person:Siemens Gamesa Training Center - North America
Address:Siemens Gamesa Training Center - North America
7415 Emerald Dunes Drive, Suite 100
FL 32822 Orlando
United States of America